VATSIM Germany Forum

Zurück   VATSIM Germany Forum > VATSIM Software > Sonstige Software

Sonstige Software XSquawkbox, SB747, ServInfo, PCProxy, usw.

Antwort

LinkBack Themen-Optionen Ansicht
Alt 2014-11-07, 15:39   #21 (permalink)
VATSIM Germany Event&PR Chief

Danke erteilt: 3.511
12.136 Danksagungen in 4.288 Beiträgen erhalten
Standard

Nein, im VATSIM Forum ist man auch ratlos.

VATSIM Germany on Facebook | VATSIM Germany on Twitter
Adam Trzcinski ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 2014-11-07, 16:39   #22 (permalink)

Benutzerbild von Jutta Oehlandt

Danke erteilt: 3.936
2.552 Danksagungen in 1.220 Beiträgen erhalten
Standard

Besser als wenn die Server zum Online-Fliegen down wären, ich kann auch ohne Vataware gut leben.
Alt 2014-11-17, 12:29   #23 (permalink)

Benutzerbild von Stefan Knüpfer

Danke erteilt: 528
491 Danksagungen in 201 Beiträgen erhalten
Standard

Jetzt heißt's sogar "Website offline". Haben die Jungs aufgegeben?
Alt 2014-12-01, 12:03   #24 (permalink)

Benutzerbild von Jörg Dolgner

Danke erteilt: 4.158
2.861 Danksagungen in 1.212 Beiträgen erhalten
Standard

http://vataware.com/

Angehängte Grafiken
Dateityp: png WillReturn.png (21,0 KB, 395x aufgerufen)

MQT66J ~~~ DLH6514 ~~~ D [C|E|F|G|H|I] JDO

Jörg Dolgner ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten

Standard

Vaporware!!

Benutzerbild von Andreas Fuchs

Danke erteilt: 10.409
21.779 Danksagungen in 5.897 Beiträgen erhalten
Standard

Endlich eine Aussage vom letzten verbliebenen Betreuer von VATAWARE:

http://forums.vatsim.net/viewtopic.php?p=479051#p479051

Zitat:
Hi everyone,

I understand many people are frustrated about the past three months. Before I will describe what has been happening throughout that time, I will tell you that vataware will return this Christmas, with another complete redesign and the flight fetcher script entirely rewritten. This has been done solely by me, the site will also be on a server maintained by me.

So what has been going on:

It all started with a data loss on September 2nd. People weren't happy with their loss of data and wanted it back, obviously. Personally I'm more of a developer than a database administrator and so when I asked Brett to restore the data I got no response. I would not be able to do it myself considering the sheer amount of data that had to be restored while still maintaining the uptime of the data we were logging at the moment. So I just kept it as it was knowing that at least we were still recording new data.

Sometime in October, the database server went down, I don't know why, it could be because of payment issues, I had no insight into this. This was when no one was able to access vataware anymore without getting the 7600 error. At that time I was still in the middle of my internship, and I still am therefore my available time is limited, so I was hoping the database server would still get back online sometime soon and we could continue operations again.

By November nothing has changed and by now I had already looked into other ways to get vataware back online. I considered Node.js, it worked nicely for a bit, I was able to list the flights and stuff but I couldn't do much more since my expertise is with PHP and not Javascript-based back-end systems. So I sticked with Laravel and rewrote the entire fetcher script (hopefully for the better). Furthermore, I also made a new design from scratch, focussing primarily on desktop screens rather than mobile since everyone on flight sim would be using their computer.

As for the donations, these were managed by Liam, we fell out of contact with him a long time ago. Multiple attempts to gain access to the Paypal account were unsuccessful since it's not as easy as sending a password reset to your email and changing it, (yes I also asked for the password but never got it). However, we decided to still keep the account as the application server (not the database one) was still being paid for using the money from that account so we couldn't lose it.

James was in charge of communication, and I must say, he was the only one on whom I was able to rely, however due to his busy schedule and the amount of negative comments coming in after the data loss, he was unable to deal with it all in a timely manner and decided to step down from his position as lead of communications. Agreed, it did not make the situation any better as I was now tasked with managing the system, the database and the communications all the while I did not have access to all resources needed to do so properly.

Remember the new vataware was managed by a team, not just me. I may have coded 99% of the entire website, but to make it work I relied on various other people as mentioned above and when they either stop communicating or decide to step down then the system breaks and there are not contingencies for everything, such as the direct availability of another database server that holds 7 years of data.

Reading old threads on this forum, I saw a lot of involvement from people at first, talking about front-end frameworks (such as Bootstrap, Angular, Backbone), back-end languages (PHP, Ruby, etc) and eventually back-end frameworks (Laravel). None of these people ever sent a pull request on the Github repository we had initially, I then made the choice to move to Bitbucket as I could not keep relying on people who were so out of the loop to approve my pull requests. It has been open source ever since the start and no one committed any fixes or improvements over that period and only complaining about it not functioning.

Back to the present and future:

Vataware will be launched again on Christmas, for now its gonna start without the old data and I frankly don't know how the server will deal with traffic but that is something that will remain to be seen. I do not plan to add donations in the foreseeable future, I might introduce ads but if and when I do, they'll fit into the design and be as unobtrusive as possible. I do hope vataware will run as smooth as possible in the months and years to come.

If for whatever reason, I will not be able to maintain vataware anymore, I will notify Tim and figure out the best way forward.

Regards

Gruss, Andreas | VATSIM Supervisor
Regelmässig aktuelle Fotos bei Instagram

Andreas Fuchs ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 2014-12-03, 09:44   #27 (permalink)

Standard

Ich lasse mich überraschen. Nach der Odysee nutze ich nur noch VATSTATS...

Alt 2014-12-03, 19:27   #28 (permalink)

Benutzerbild von Jörg Dolgner

Danke erteilt: 4.158
2.861 Danksagungen in 1.212 Beiträgen erhalten
Standard

Moin!

Schade, die alten Daten waren für mich das Hauptargument für Vataware im Vergleich zu Vatstats. Aber soll jetzt bitte kein Gemecker sein, mir ist klar, dass das ein absolut freiwilliges und für den Benutzer kostenloses Projekt ist - also muss gelten: Es ist, wie es ist!

MQT66J ~~~ DLH6514 ~~~ D [C|E|F|G|H|I] JDO

Jörg Dolgner ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 2014-12-03, 20:21   #29 (permalink)

Benutzerbild von Andreas Fuchs

Danke erteilt: 10.409
21.779 Danksagungen in 5.897 Beiträgen erhalten
Standard

Im oben verlinkten Thread hat der Initiator von Vataware, Tim Krajcer, geschrieben, dass er sich überlegt, die historischen Daten auch an Vatstats weiterzugeben.

Andreas Fuchs ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 2014-12-26, 01:26   #30 (permalink)

Benutzerbild von Tim Wong

Danke erteilt: 1.430
1.917 Danksagungen in 992 Beiträgen erhalten
Standard

VATAWARE wieder online

Wie versprochen ging VATAWARE am Heiligabend wieder an den Start. Zur Zeit werden nur aktuelle Flüge dargestellt. Andere Funktionen werden sicherlich nach und nach zurückkommen. Hoffen wir mal, dass das neue Team dieses Mal länger durchhalten wird.

Tim Wong ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten
Antwort

VATSIM Germany Forum > VATSIM Software > Sonstige Software

Themen-Optionen
Ansicht